Apply to become a Mentor!
Complete our online application form. Applications close on December 8th 2020 at 11:59 pm PST, so submit your applications today!
Questions or concerns? Send our Mentorship Chairs an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
SAVE THE DATE: ACSA Mentorship Program Kickoff Event 2021 — TBA
Why Become a Mentor?
- Network with other Arts Co-op industry/alumni mentors
- Add experience to your resume by taking on a new role in the program
- Improve your communication and leadership skills for your professional development
- Give back some of the support you received from being a part of the Arts Co-op Program
- Share the co-op experiences and resume/cover letter advice you have accrued
- Contribute to building a stronger program and Arts Co-op community at UBC
The ACSA Mentorship Program officially runs from January until late April, and it will be up to you and your mentee to decide how and when you will check-in with each other after the Kickoff event in January. This could mean checking in each week via e-mail about various summer job postings, or meeting up once a month to discuss interview techniques and ideas for jobs to apply to. At minimum, we request that mentors communicate with their mentee at least once a month until April (online or offline), and ideally participate in at least one social or professional development activity together. We will give you more guidance about this in the mentor training portion of the Kickoff event. The 2019/2020 Mentorship Chairs are currently working on a timeline for this year’s events. Stay tuned for an update!